Document Require For EV SSL Verification
EV SSL Certificates Validation Process
Extended validation SSL Certificate delivers highest level of encryption which turn business to run via a tough validation & authentication process. The issuer must have to submit all the legal documents asked by the certificate authority.
Entities which can apply to issue EV SSL certificate
- Small/Medium/Large Corporations
- Government Agencies
- General Partnerships
- Sole Proprietorships
- Unincorporated Associations
Documents required for EV SSL Certificate Validation
1) Organization Authentication documents
Certificate authority ask for following organization authentication documents
- Official Government Agency Records included with
- Registration number.
- Date of Registration or Incorporation.
- Business Address.
- If the business address is not added in a governmental agency’s records, the issuer can submit any non-governmental data sources.
- Approved Data Sources are
- Approved Data Sources are
2) Domain Authentication Documents
Domain registration details must be matched with the registered organization name to issue an EV SSL Certificate. The issuer must have the right to use the domain name and the layer’s opinion letter is also required. Following domain authentication criteria must be followed to issue EV SSL.
- IANA or ICANN registrar domain is mandatory (others will be disapproved.)
- Admin must keep domain registrar information open (private mode will be rejected.)
- Issuer must have the information about the domain name (CA may go with phone call verification.)
3) Authentication Documents of Organization’s Certificate Approved
The certificate issuer must be the owner or employee of that organization and he must have the authorities to access and use the Extended Validated SSL Certificate.
- In case the certificate issuer is listed on some governmental official records as CEO, CIO, Director, Secretary, COO, President, CFO, CSO, etc. then the certificate authority will accept issuer’s authentication without verifying any other information described below.
- Issuer’s information will not be verified by the company’s website.
CA will ask for following documents to verify the Issuer
- Issuers identify including title & employment document by the company
- As the issuer must have the rights to access the EV SSL certificate, the following documents are mandatory.
- An opinion letter from a lawyer
- Business Resolution
- CA will contact the CEO, COO, CIO, etc. directly to verify the issuer’s information; if no one available or not been able to contact, CA will ask to the Human Resource department.
4) Phone call Verification
CA must contact the issuer via phone call to verify all the SSL certificate details with the following ways.
- Via number provided on Layer’s opinion letter
- Via official website
- Via third party business directories or online databases.
Following information will verify by certificate authority over the phone conversation
- Issuer’s name and authority to access the EV SSL Certificate
- Issuer’s knowledge for that business and access to use the domain name which was requested for EV Certificate.
- Approval of the EV SSL Certificate request.
- Acknowledgment of signature of Certificate Authority Subscriber Agreement that is added with all EV SSL terms and conditions.