SSL Errors by Browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer
Let’s talk about SSL certificate errors, it’s not so hard to use SSL to encrypt website and browser communication but generally SSL errors may occur during SSL issuance, SSL Installation and SSL use, just because of less SSL certificate knowledge or the user don’t follow the SSL Installation guideline on his web server.
SSL Certificate Errors by Different Web Browsers
SSL Certificate Errors in Firefox
- Secure Connection Failed error
- This Connection is Untrusted error
Firefox displays the Secure Connection Failed error just because Firefox is not able to identify the Certificate authority which is concerned with that SSL Certificate. Firefox will display “This Connection is Untrusted” error because intermediate certificate was not installed or else Firefox setting were misconfigured.
List of Mozilla Firefox Errors
- How to Fix Firefox Error – “MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT”?
- How to Fix the SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE Error in Firefox?
- How to Fix the SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG Error on Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED Error in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to tackle SSL certificate mismatch error on Firefox?
- How do I Fix SSL Certificate Errors in Firefox?
SSL Certificate Errors in Chrome
- SSL Certificate is not trusted error
- SSL Certificate Mismatch error
Chrome will display the ‘SSL Certificate is not trusted’ error because the self-signed SSL certificate is installed in the server. It will display an SSL Certificate Mismatch error because a web user tries to access a wrong domain name in which the SSL certificate is not installed.
List of Google Chrome Errors
- How to Fix ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Error on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix Comodo RSA Certificate Not Trusted Error?
- How to Fix ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix the NET:: ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix the ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID on Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED Error in Google Chrome?
- Quick Steps to Fix Google Chrome SSL Certificate Errors
- How to tackle SSL certificate mismatch error on Chrome?
- How do I Fix SSL Certificate Errors in Google Chrome?
SSL Certificate Errors in Internet Explorer
- Untrusted SSL Certificate error
- Invalid SSL Certificate error
Internet Explorer will display an Untrusted SSL Certificate error because it will find the root certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority. IE will display the Invalid SSL Certificate error when a web user tries to access a domain name which is incorrect and SSL is not installed.
Before jumping into SSL certificate installation and usage, a user must learn important tactics.
List of SSL Certificate Errors on Internet Explorer
Other SSL Related Articles:
- How to Fix Mix Content Warning on HTTPS website?
- How to Fix: “SSL Certificate Problem Unable to get Local Issuer Certificate” Error
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY Error
- How to tackle SSL certificate mismatch error
- How to tackle wrong or invalid SSL certificate error
- How to tackle untrusted SSL certificate error?
- SSL Certificate Errors in Android Devices