The following wrong or invalid SSL certificate error appears due to various reason. The error of invalid SSL certificate needs more research to resolve it. Let’s explore the situation so we could have idea about solution on this specific issue.
Reasons for this error;
- If user access the mismatch domain name in the address bar then browser will show the error of invalid SSL certificate, as result of this user must have to access the right domain name or URL which exactly enlisted on the certificate in order to resolve the error.
- If user have signed their certificate by unknown trusted source or self-signed certificate then browser will show invalid certificate error. In order to avoid this situation, user must have valid certificate authority SSL certificate.
- In case the certificate has expired and it’s no longer valid then browser will show invalid certificate. In order to avoid this situation users must have set alert for the expiry of certificate and get it renewed in time.
- Exceptional case if your website have incorrect format of SSL certificate then it’s called invalid certificate by browsers.
Troubleshoot Invalid SSL certificate error
- User must confirm web address before the issuance of their certificate and it should be in the right format as per the issuance website name.
- User must have certificate from the trusted Certificate Authorities (CA) such as Symantec™, Thawte™, GeoTrust™, RapidSSL®, DigiCert™, etc.
- User must have to set alert before the expiry of certificate.