How to Fix the ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error?
Fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error Message Displayed on Google Chrome
For instance, misconfiguration or unsupported TLS version could be the reason why you see the “ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH” error.
Why Google Chrome Displays ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error Message?
- Error 113 (net::err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch): unknown error
The following four steps will help fix the ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error.
Step:1 Verify Your SSL/TLS Certificate Configuration
Step:2 Verify Certificate for Name Mismatch
- The website doesn’t have an SSL/TLS certificate installed, but it shares an IP address with another site which has an SSL installed.
- Domain points to the old IP address where the site no longer exists and instead, another site is hosted.
- Different domain name alias is given for a site and it’s not included in the certificate.
- The website uses a CDN (Content Delivery Network), which doesn’t support SSL.
Step:3 Verify for Old TLS Version
Step:4 Verify RC4 Cipher Suite
- How to Fix ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Error on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix the NET:: ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID on Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_SSL_PINNED_KEY_NOT_IN_CERT_CHAIN Error on Google Chrome?