How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Error on Google Chrome?
What Causes the NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID in Google Chrome
- Installed SSL/TLS Certificate is self-signed.
- The SSL/TLS Certificate of that website is issued by an untrusted Certificate Authority (CA). Generally, this situation occurs when the certificate is not the CA/B forum member.
How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Google Chrome Error?
1. For Website Admin:
For instance, everyone has seen in the past how WoSign, Symantec, and StartCom CAs have been distrusted.
So, it’s likely users will also face this same issue, which will ultimately lead to a decline in visitors, which will affect your business’s revenue as well as reputation.
On the other hand, if you’re using a self-signed SSL/TLS certificate for the website just to save money, then it’s sad to say that it’s not a good idea.
2. For Website Visitors:
- It’s quite dangerous to visit the website facing such an error.
- The owner of the website might not be aware that their site is showing the “NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID” error.
- Firstly, check whether your web browser is updated with the latest version. Because there’s a small possibility that your browser might be outdated and doesn’t support the latest version of SSL/TLS Certificate’s encryption algorithm.
- Go to Google Chrome, click the menu from the top right side (three stacked dots.)
- Open a new incognito window and visit the website. If the website opens without any difficulty, then there’s an issue with Chrome extension. So, it’s recommended you turn off the extensions.
- To deactivate follow below steps:
- Click on the top right in the Chrome browser.
- Go to More tools and click on Extensions.
- Now, turn off the extension one by one.
Firewall or Antivirus Could Be a Crook
Ignore This SSL Warning Message
- Now, in the target field, type “-ignore-certificate-errors” after the path ends: /chrome.exe.
- Press Apply and then OK.
- Now, restart your Chrome browser.
Related SSL Certificate Errors
- How to Fix ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix the NET:: ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix the ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error on Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID on Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix NET::ERR_SSL_PINNED_KEY_NOT_IN_CERT_CHAIN Error on Google Chrome?