Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of SSL Certificate
Below are the asked FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) at the time of purchase or installation of SSL/TLS Certificates. Go through this; it will help you learn and understand what SSL is, how it works, why SSL is needed, how to order SSL, how to generate CSR, etc.
Apart from this, it will be helpful to you if you’re having any query regarding the installation of SSL Certificate on your web server or solve any question if you face at the time of installation.
If your desired question is not available in our list of SSLs FAQ, you can directly ask us via the contact option.
1. FAQs on Basics of SSL Certificate
These FAQs will help you gain fundamental knowledge of SSL certificates, certificate authority, benefits of SSL, types of SSL and how SSL works.
- What is an SSL certificate? – Know what SSL Certificate is, who developed SSL, what SSL secures, SSL encryption and other valuable information necessary to secure website with SSL.
- What is CA (Certificate Authority)? – Know what Certificate Authority is, who approves the CA & who are the world’s most trusted Certificate Authorities.
- Who Needs an SSL certificate? – As having an SSL certificate became a primary need to secure a website, know who needs SSL certificates.
- How does SSL certificate work? – Know how the SSL certificate works and how it secures communication between the browser and the server.
- World’s most trusted SSL brands – Know the renown SSL brands and compare them as per your needs.
2. SSL FAQ based on SSL Types
Read the FAQs on different types of SSL certificate, like which SSL suits best for which kind of website, software, application, servers, and email types.
- Types of SSL Certificate– Know about the different kinds of SSL certificates available in the web security industry.
- Domain Validated SSL aka DV SSL – Know what a Domain validated SSL certificate is and what type of domain(s) it can secure.
- Organization Validated SSL aka OV SSL – Know what a business/organization validation SSL certificate is and what type of domain(s) it can secure.
- Extended Validation SSL, aka EV SSL – Know what an EV SSL certificate is and what type of domain(s) it can secure.
- Code Signing Certificate– Know what a Code Signing certificate is and what type of software, applications, and documents it can secure.
- Multi-Domain SSL– Know about Multi-Domain/SAN SSL certificate and several domains it can secure.
- Wildcard SSL– Know about Wildcard SSL Certificate and how it can secure one main domain with several sub-domains.
- UCC SSL Cert– Know about Unified Communication SSL certificate and how it protects Microsoft servers.
- Multi Domain Wildcard SSL– Know about Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL certificate and what domain types it can secure.
- Self-sign SSL– Know the basics of Self-sign SSL certificate and its working in the browser.
- Email Secure SSL– Know about an email secured SSL certificate and email platforms secured by it.
- Document Signing Certificate– Know about document signing certificate and different types of documents it can secure.
3. The FAQ for buying an SSL Certificate
- SSL for beginners– Know what information a beginner should have before using SSL Certificate.
- SSL Wizard– Know how SSL Wizard can help you to buy your desired SSL Certificate.
- To Buy SSL– Know how to buy an SSL Certificate and what initial steps you should follow.
- SSL certificate Type– Know what type of SSL certificates are available in the online market and which one will suit best as per your security need.
- Compare SSL Certificate– Know the different types of SSL Certificate as Standard SSL, Wildcard SSL, Code Signing, EV SSL, etc. including price, encryption standard, durability, etc.
- SSL Documents Requirement – Know the documents required by various SSL Certificate brands for Extended validation, Code signing, and organization validated types.
4. FAQ to install SSL Certificate on Server
After completing the SSL purchase and documents submission process, the SSL certificate will be ready to download. The next step is to install it on the server.
- How to install SSL– Know how to install SSL certificate & Code signing certificate on different types of server quickly.
- Apache– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Apache web server within minutes.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange server 2007 within minutes.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange server 2010 within minutes.
- Microsoft Exchange 2013– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange server 2013 within minutes.
- Microsoft IIS 5– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 5 server within minutes.
- Microsoft IIS 6– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 6 server within minutes.
- Microsoft IIS 7– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 7 server within minutes.
- Microsoft IIS 8– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 8 server within minutes.
- Microsoft IIS 8.5– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 8.5 server within minutes.
- Tomcat– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Tomcat Apache Server within minutes.
- Google App Engine– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Google App Engine within minutes.
- Microsoft Azure– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Azure within minutes.
- Ubuntu using Apache– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Ubuntu using Apache Server within minutes.
- Red-Hat Linux– Know how to install SSL Certificate on Red-Hat Linux Server within minutes.
- cPanel/WHM– Know how to install SSL Certificate on cPanel/WHM within minutes.
5. FAQ on SSL Certificate Automated Tools
- CSR Generator– Know the use of CSR (Certificate Signing Request) Generator tool and why it’s mandatory to generate CSR & Private Key.
- SSL Checker– Know the use of SSL Checker tool and how it helps to inspect the proper installation of SSL Certificate.
- CSR Decoder– Know the use of CSR Decoder tool and the information it displays.
- Certificate Decoder/SSL Decoder– Verify the information of SSL Certificate using SSL Decoder.
- Certificate Key Matcher– Know how SSL Certificate key matcher helps you managing multiple SSL/TLS Certificates with the use of simple OpenSSL commands.
- SSL Converter– Learn how to Convert your SSL/TLS Certificate files format if it’s not compatible with your web server.
- Why no Pad Lock– Check whether the Padlock is displayed correctly on your web browser.
6. FAQ on SSL Browser Error and troubleshoot Guide
SSL Certificate errors occur in browsers due to reasons such as improper SSL installation, SSL using an old algorithm, wrong system time, browser not updated, etc… watch through this FAQs for SSL Certificate Errors and troubleshoot guide.
- SSL Error Firefox– Know some of the standard and technical SSL Certificate errors encountered in Mozilla Firefox and learn how to troubleshoot them.
- SSL Error Chrome– Learn about different types of standard and technical SSL Certificate errors faced in Google Chrome and learn how to troubleshoot them.
- SSL Error Internet Explorer– Know some standard, and technical SSL Certificate errors encountered in Internet Explorer and learn how to troubleshoot them.