SSL Certificate Comparison by SSL Certificate Types
Today web security plays a crucial role to the success of an online business or website, and for security users are recommended to use SSL Certificate. As demands of SSL in increasing day by day, it’s important for a user to understand his security needs before purchasing any SSL Certificate. And to understand his security need user must have basic SSL Certificate knowledge.
Here, a user can find a superior level SSL knowledge by SSL certificate certificates based on SSL certificate types; which helps him to understand which SSL certificate/CA will suit best for his website or business.
Compare Standard (DV) SSL Certificates
Standard SSL certificate knows as Domain validated SSL or DV SSL Certificates, are mostly used for security of entry level domains. Small or medium level website admin as using DV SSLs. DV SSL certificates are designed to deliver up to 256-bit long encryption length key which is harder to crack for hackers and delivers a standard security to domains. As the certificate authority (CA) only need to verify owner’s domain information it takes few minutes to issue DV SSLs. Comodo, GeoTrust, Thawte, RapidSSL, GoDaddy have highly used standard SSL certificate authorities.
- Top 5 Standard SSL Certificates Recommended by AboutSSL.org
- Comodo Positive SSL Certificate
- RapidSSL Certificate
- Thawte SSL123
- GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium
- Comodo Essential SSL Certificate
Compare Organization Validation (OV) SSL Certificates
Organization Validation SSL or OV SSL certificate, known as Business validated or OV SSL as well are designed to assure high encryption security to users. A Large organization is mostly using OV SSL certificates. OV SSL indicated the business is legitimate and user’s personal information is safe & not accessible by others. Certificate Authority (CA) ask for several documents from the company for validation and after the verification process, they issue OV SSL Certificate. GeoTrust, Thawte, Comodo, Symantec, DigiCert are highly recommended OV SSL certificate authorities.
- Top 5 Organization Validation SSL Certificates Recommended by AboutSSL.org
- Comodo InstanSSL Certificate
- GeoTrust True BusinessID Certificate
- Thawte SSL Web Server Certificate
- Symantec Secure Site SSL Certificate
- Comodo InstantSSL Premium Certificate
Compare Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates
Extended Validation SSL Certificate, knows as EV SSL Certificate delivers the highest level of encryption in PKI cryptography. As it is designed to deliver high-level encryption, the CA asks for documents from company to ensure the legitimacy of the business and for that, it takes up to 5-7days time for issuance. It displays green colored address bar along with organization name in URL which indicated the business is verified by a certificate authority. E-commerce, banking, social network, etc. websites are using EV SSL Certificate. Comodo, Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte, DigiCert, GoDaddy are the highest recommend EV SSL authorities.
- Top 5 Extended Validation Certificates Recommended by AboutSSL.org
- Comodo PositiveSSL EV Certificate
- GeoTrust True BusinessID EV SSL Certificate
- Thawte SSL Web Server with EV Certificate
- Symantec Secure Site EV SSL Certificate
- Comodo EV SSL Certificate
Compare Code Signing Certificates
Whether it’s a genuine business or an individual software developer, Code signing certificates can secure their software/application and allows them to share it successfully over the web. It eliminated software warning in OS & browsers which show the software is genuine and there will be now harmed to install it in user’s security. Code signing certificate can secure Microsoft documents, java applets, android & iOS apps, MAC Software, Adobe files, brew Apps etc.… Comodo, Thawte, Symantec & GoDaddy are widely used Code Signing certificate brands.
- Top 3 Code Signing Certificates Recommended by AboutSSL.org
Compare Wildcard SSL Certificates
Wildcard SSL option lets the user save time and money as it is designed to secure multiple (Unlimited) sub-domains of a base domain. A business with multiple sub-domains doesn’t need to carry individual SSL certificates, a single wildcard will work for all sub-domains. Wildcard SSL Certificates are available in both domain validation (DV) and organization validation (OV) options.
- Top 5 Wildcard SSL Certificates Recommended by AboutSSL.org
- RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate
- Comodo Essential SSL Wildcard Certificate
- GeoTrust True BusinessID Wildcard SSL
- Thawte Wildcard SSL Certificate
- Symantec Secure Site Wildcard SSL Certificate
Compare Multi Domains SSL Certificates
Multi Domain SSL Certificate is a single SSL which can cover all multiple domains. Depends on certificate authority a user can secure multiple fully qualified domain names (up to 25 to 100). Multi-domain SSL comes up with domain validation, extended validation and organization validation. Comodo, Thawte, Symantec, GeoTrust, GlobalSign, GoDaddy are highly recommended Multi-domain SSL authorities.
- Top 4 Multi-Domain SSL Certificates Recommended by AboutSSL.org
- Comodo Multi-Domain SSL
- GeoTrust True BusinessID Multi-Domain
- Comodo Unified Communications Certificate
- Symantec Secure Site
Other SSL Certificates Comparison
- Compare Low Price SSL Certificates by SSL Brands
- Compare Cheap SSL Certificates by SSL Brands
- Compare Wildcard SSL Certificates by SSL Brands
- Compare Cheap EV SSL Certificates by Trusted Certificate Authorities
- Compare Best Cheap Wildcard SSL Certificates by SSL Brands
- Compare ALL Symantec SSL Certificates
- Compare ALL GeoTrust SSL Certificates
- Compare ALL RapidSSL Certificates
- Compare ALL Thawte SSL Certificates
- Compare ALL GoDaddy SSL Certificates
- Compare ALL SSL.com SSL Certificates