The Cheapest Wildcard SSL Certificate Providers 2020
Best Wildcard SSL Certificate for Unlimited Sub-Domains Security
An SSL Certificate has become an essential feature for all businesses online. It builds trust in the customer’s mind. It also helps you fare better in the google results as google gives priority to the SSL enabled websites.In this article, we will focus on cheap Wildcard certificate, a popular breed of SSL certificates works in the same way as the regular SSL certificate. The thing that sets a Wildcard certificate apart from the rest is that one can use it for the base domain as well as its sub-domains. Before going to the cheapest Wildcard SSL providers, let’s first look at examples of Wildcard SSL certificates.
Example of Wildcard SSL Certificate
A Wildcard SSL certificate is an ideal solution for businesses wanting to secure their sub-domains with a single certificate. A Wildcard SSL customers can add sub-domains anytime during the certificate validity period and reissue it any time he/she wants. Let’s assume you buy a Wildcard SSL certificate for domain “*.yourdomainname.com”, this base domain can secure subdomains such as,
Remember Note: If you purchase a Wildcard SSL for the above domain name, it does not secure second level domains like “login.mail.yourdomainname.com”. It only secures first level sub-domains.
Why Use Wildcard SSL Certificate
- Validation Type – A single Wildcard SSL can be issued using a Domain Validation (DV) SSL or an Organization Validation (OV) SSL certificate. The users can choose either of them depending on the level of validation he/she wants.
- Unlimited Sub-Domains Security – As the Wildcard SSL certificate gives liberty to secure unlimited number of first level sub-domains, there is no need to buy separate certificate for each sub-domain.
- Saves Time and Management Cost – If you purchase a separate SSL certificate for each sub-domain, then it becomes quite difficult to manage all of them in a single place. A single Wildcard SSL certificate saves lots of time by managing all of them at a single place. You can operate all sub-domains by a single certificate and add sub-domains anytime during the certification validation time.
- Encryption, Warranty & Compatibility – Wildcard SSL certificate enables highest 256-bit encryption, Warranty ranges from $10K to $1.5MM and compatible with desktop and mobile browser that will help users to eliminate of unwanted SSL browser warnings.
Certificate Authority vs Certified Resellers
Certificate Authority (CA) sets the ball of SSL certificate rolling. Certificate Authority issues the digital certificates by validating the legitimacy of the issuer. Depending on the type
So, where do resellers enter the picture? With the astounding rise of the internet, hundreds of thousands of websites owners issue such certificate every day. Handling such humongous number of clients, responding them, and providing support to them is not an easy task by any means. That is why these CA’s have their reseller programs. The CA’s sell their certificates in huge number to the certified resellers. The resellers handle all their queries and issues faced during the purchase and installation. However, the vetting process which is the main part of the SSL process is handled by the CA itself.
Therefore, you don’t need to worry one bit about the security as you get the same support and security at a great price!
How to Find the Best Wildcard SSL Certificate?
List of Cheap Wildcard SSL Certificate Providers
- CheapSSLsecurity – A Cheapest SSL Certificate Reseller
- Comodo SSL Store – The Largest Comodo SSL Provider
- The SSL Store™ – Cheapest SSL Certificate Providers at Globe
- SectigoStore – The Trusted Sectigo Platinum Partner
- RapidSSLonline – A Trusted RapidSSL Certificate Reseller
- SSLRenewals – One of the Affordable SSL/TLS Certificate Providers
- SSLTrust – A well-known SSL Reseller
- GoDaddy – A World-Class Certificate Authority
- SSL.com – A Foremost SSL Certificate Authority
- GlobalSign – SSL & Digital Certificate Provider
- Namecheap – A Cheap SSL Certificate Reseller
- DigiCert– Digital Certificate Authority
- Entrust– Website Security Solutions
CheapSSLsecurity – A Cheapest SSL Certificate Reseller
CheapSSLsecurity.com a foremost Platinum Partner Company of Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte, Comodo & RapidSSL offers the cheapest SSL certificates for Wildcard SSL, EV SSL, SAN SSL, SAN SSL, Code Signing Certificates over the internet.
Why Choose CheapSSLsecurity?
- Global SSL Providers
- Most Trusted Brands
- Cheapest Price Guarantee
- Dedicated Account Rep
- 24/7/365 Technical SSL Support
- 15 Day Money Back Guarantee
CheapSSLSecurity’s Top 3 Wildcard SSL Products
Comodo SSL Store – The Largest Comodo SSL Provider
Comodo SSL Store is one of the most widely recognized names in the SSL industry today. They are the platinum partner of the world’s largest certificate authority, Comodo. Therefore, the certificates available on their website are exactly the same as the ones on the official website of Comodo. Comodo SSL Store offers an extraordinary price match guarantee under which you can get an additional discount if you find the same certificate at cheaper rates somewhere else. Charities such as Abilities Foundation, Pinellas Homeless, Northeast Exchange Club (Rib Fest), Society of St. Vincent de Paul and Casa receive tremendous support from the Comodo SSL Store.
Why Choose ComodoSSLstore?
- Platinum Partner of Comodo/Sectigo
- Competitive Pricing
- Price Match Guarantee
- World-Class Support
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 24*7 Live Chat, Phone, Email, Ticket System
ComodoSSLStore’s Top 3 Wildcard SSL Products
The SSL Store™ – Cheapest SSL Certificate Providers at Globe
Founded in 2009, The SSL Store has become a leader when it comes to SSL certificates. They are one of the largest Platinum Partners of the world’s leading Certification Authorities (CAs), including Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte, RapidSSL, Certum, and Comodo. Moreover, they were the first company in the world to be the specialized business partner of the most trusted brand, Symantec. Unlike most SSL providers, The SSL Store caters their customers by offering a massive range of products at extraordinary prices.
Why Choose TheSSLstore?
- The largest reseller of SSL in the entire world
- Offer Many of the Most Trusted Brands
- Only Focused on SSL
- Developed a number of plug-ins which mostly used billing and automation systems
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- A 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- 24*7 Live Chat, Email, Ticket System
TheSSLStore’s Top 3 Wildcard SSL Products
SectigoStore – The Trusted Sectigo Platinum Partner
Why Choose SectigoStore?
- Low priced Wildcard SSL/TLS Certificate of Sectigo Certificate Authority directly from the SectigoStore.com.
- 24/7 Chat and Phone Support on business working days.
- Offers a partnered program, if anyone’s interested in SSL/TLS Certificate and digital certificate industry.
- 30-day money-back guarantee without any question being asked.
SectigoStore’s Top 3 Wildcard SSL Products
RapidSSLonline – A Trusted RapidSSL Certificate Reseller
RapidSSLonline is perhaps one of the oldest and the most trusted names in the SSL world. Acting as the platinum partner of GeoTrust, RapidSSLonline has acquired the trust and confidence of hundreds of thousands of users globally. They have a good variety of products having SSL certificates of four of the most trusted certificate authorities at their disposal. As the name suggests, you can install SSL certificates rapidly as they offer Single-Root certificate installations rather than Chained-Root installation.
Why Choose RapidSSLonline?
- An official Platinum Partner & Specialist Partner of Most Trusted Certificate Authorities
- Price Match Guarantee
- Complete Range of SSL Certificates
- Extremely fast issuance
- 30-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee
- 24*7 Live Chat, Phone, Email, Ticket System
RapidSSLonline’s Top 3 Wildcard SSL Products
SSLRenewals – One of the Affordable SSL/TLS Certificate Providers
SSLRenewals one of the trusted members of the SSL industry. They are one of the known SSL resellers, which offers various type of SSL/TLS Certificates with great discounts. If you’re looking to get from them, you won’t be disappointed, as they provide one of the best services apart from good price. Secure the sub-domains by renewing the expired wildcard SSL certificates or by purchasing the new one from some of the SSL/TLS Certificate authorities like Comodo, RapidSSL, Thawte, GeoTrust, Symantec of whom they offer.
Why Choose SSLRenewals?
- Offers Most Trusted SSL Brands
- Hassel free SSL Renewals
- Streamlined SSL Support (24 Hours/7 Days/365 Year)
- Excellent SSL Experts
- Unlimited SSL Tools
- A 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
SSLRenewals Top 3 Most Renewed Wildcard SSL Products
SSLTrust – A well-known SSL Reseller
Part of Keyko Australian Business, SSLTrust partnered with some of the biggest Certificate Authorities such as Comodo, GeoTrust, Thawte & RapidSSL offers wildcard SSL/TLS Certificates to secure website and their unlimited sub-domains with all the latest security features and device compatibility. If you’re looking for an inexpensive and cost-effective option which can ensure the security of the website, SSLTrust is one of the options you can rely on while enjoying some of their additional services like free 24×7 support and money back guarantee.
|Thawte Wildcard SSL Certificate||$248.75/year|
|GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard Certificate||$156.48/year|
GoDaddy – A World-Class Certificate Authority
Surprise, surprise!! You would be astonished to know that world’s largest domain registrar, GoDaddy has a market share of 11% in the global SSL industry. They are popular for their Wildcard SSL certificates because of its super-affordable price tag. You can get an additional discount by using the promo codes that they publish on regular basis on their site.
|Godaddy wildcard SSL||$269.99/year|
SSL.com – A Foremost SSL Certificate Authority
SSL.com is one of the oldest members of this group. They were founded a long way back in 2002. Their certificates are embraced in more than 120 countries. They offer e a wide range of digital certificates which includes SSL/TLS server certificates, code signing, document signing, and S/MIME email certificates. They also act as an associate member of CA/B forum. They don’t sell SSL certificates of other CA’s as they are a CA themselves.
|SSL.com Wildcard SSL||$299/year|
GlobalSign – SSL & Digital Certificate Provider
GlobalSign is Belgium-based certificate authority (CA), founded in 1996. There is a long list of services which GlobalSign provides. They offer Identity and Access Management services along with SSL certificates. They have a big catalog of SSL products which includes DV, OV, EV, Multi-Domain etc.
|GlobalSign Domain SSL Wildcard||$849year|
|GlobalSign Organization SSL Wildcard||$949/year|
Namecheap – A Cheap SSL Certificate Reseller
Namecheap has been in the online business since 2000. Although their primary business was and still is Web-hosting, they have made a name for themselves in the SSL market as well. They claim to have around 3 million customers and more than 7 million domains under management. They are based out of California, USA. They offer SSL certificates of Comodo only.
|Product Name||Price||Take Action|
|Comodo PremiumSSL Wildcard||$169/year||BUY NOW|
DigiCert– Digital Certificate Authority
Frustrated by the annoying and time-consuming process of SSL certificate issuance, the founders of DigiCert decided to start selling SSL certificates back in 2003. They proudly proclaim themselves to be one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the world. They assist their customers with the award-winning 5-star rated 24/7 support.
|Product Name||Price||Take Action|
|DigiCert Wildcard SSL||$535.00/year||BUY NOW|
Entrust– Website Security Solutions
It has been almost two decades since Entrust has been in the playing field of online security. They claim to be offering security solutions to more than 5000 organizations of more than 85 countries. Acting as the CA itself, they furnish their customers by giving a wide range of SSL products.
|Entrust Wildcard SSL||$699/year|
Note: AboutSSL has created the above-mentioned list of cheap Wildcard SSL certificate providers which only for the information purpose. Mind that, AboutSSL is not answerable in case of any unfortunate event. Also keep in mind that, the prices may differ as the SSL certificate sellers keep changing it from time to time.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Wildcard SSL/TLS Certificates
What if I don’t have a sub-domain yet, but have plans to add it later?
What if I want to switch my server in future?
Are Wildcard certificates SAN compatible?
What if I want to secure multiple domains as well as sub-domains?
Can a Wildcard SSL certificate secure a second-level sub-domain?
What is the difference between a Wildcard SSL certificate and Multi-Domain SSL Certificate?
- Get the List of Best Multi-Domain SSL Certificate Providers 2020
- Get the List of Cheapest Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL Certificate Providers 2020
- Get the List of Cheapest Code Signing Certificate Providers 2020
- Get the List of Best EV Code Signing Certificate Providers 2020
- Get the List of Cheapest SSL Certificate Providers 2020
- List of Best SSL Certificate Providers in the UK 2020
- List of Cheapest SSL Certificate Providers in Australia 2020
- List of Cheapest SSL Certificate Providers in India 2020