Read Our Extensive Review to Understand EV Code Signing Certificates
An Extended Validation or EV Code Signing Certificate – The Next Generation Software Code Security
An Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing certificate is designed for developers and publishers to secure their software and web application codes, contents, scripts and other digital objects from unwanted
An Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing certificate requires a strict validation and authentication process which is on the same lines as an EV SSL certificate. The developers and software publishers have to prove their identity during the validation process. Additionally, an EV Code Signing features two-factor authentication. This ensures that the certificate goes in the right hands only.
What is Microsoft’s SmartScreen® Filter?
The programs signed by an EV Code Signing can establish
SmartScreen clearly indicates if the publisher is unknown.
In IE8, SmartScreen produces a red warning bar for any new application, regardless of the publisher.
For applications protected with a traditional code signing certificate, IE9 issues a yellow bar indicating that the app is “signed and known”. Thus, helping users understand that the publisher is a trusted entity.
If an application is signed with an EV Code Signing Certificate and contains no malware, IE9 grants that application immediate permission and no warning is displayed.
Who offers an EV Code Signing Certificate?
Top most EV Code Signing certificate providers are:
- Comodo CA – Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
- Symantec CA – Symantec EV Code Signing Certificate
- DigiCert CA – DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate
- GlobalSign – GlobalSign EV Code Signing Certificate
Features & Benefits of Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificate
- Highest Level of Extended Validation authentication
- Strict validation process
- Robust encryption
- Helps establish reputation with Microsoft’s SmartScreen® Filter
- Required for user-mode and kernel-mode drivers on Windows 10
- SHA-256 algorithm, compliant with Microsoft’s SHA-1 deprecation plan
- Hardware token and PIN to protect your keys
- Two-factor authentication
- Company address and organization type displayed in the certificate
- Compatible with major platforms (Authenticode, Office VBA, Java, Adobe AIR, Mac OS, Mozilla)
- Support for Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
- Free 24/7 technical support
Let’s Compare an EV Code Signing Certificate Pricing, Features & Reviews
|Certificate Authority (CA)||Comodo||SYMANTEC||DigiCert||GlobalSign|
|SSL Certificate||EV Code Signing Certificate||EV Code Signing Certificate||EV Code Signing Certificate||EV Code Signing Certificate|
|CA Rating||Comodo Reviews||Symantec Reviews||DigiCert Reviews||GlobalSign Reviews|
|Pricing for 1 Year||$319||$699||$449||$410|
|Pricing for 2 Years||$279/Yr||$609.50/Yr||$399/Yr||$380/Yr|
|As Low As||$266/Yr||$579.67/Yr||$331/Yr||$316/Yr|
|Issuance Speed||1-5 business days||1-5 business days||1-5 business days||1-5 business days|
|Validation Required||Extended Validation of Organization||Extended Validation of Organization||Extended Validation of Organization||Extended Validation of Organization|
|Immediate Reputation with Microsoft’s SmartScreen® Filter||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Office & Microsoft VBA||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Kernel-Mode Code Signing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Other major platforms||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited, free re-keying for the certificate lifetime||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Refund Policy||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days|
|Certificate Authority Review||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|