EV Code Signing Certificate Review & Comparison
An Extended Validation or EV Code Signing Certificate – The Next Generation Software Code Security
An Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing certificate requires a strict validation and authentication process which is on the same lines as an EV SSL certificate. The developers and software publishers have to prove their identity during the validation process. Additionally, an EV Code Signing features two-factor authentication. This ensures that the certificate goes in the right hands only.
What is Microsoft’s SmartScreen® Filter?
In IE8, SmartScreen produces a red warning bar for any new application, regardless of the publisher.
If you can see like this “FILE is not Commonly Downloaded and Could Harm Your Computer” and you really want to know that what it means, then visit here – https://codesigningstore.com/support/what-does-this-smartscreen-message-means
Who offers an EV Code Signing Certificate?
Features & Benefits of Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificate
- Highest Level of Extended Validation authentication
- Strict validation process
- Robust encryption
- Helps establish reputation with Microsoft’s SmartScreen® Filter
- Required for user-mode and kernel-mode drivers on Windows 10
- SHA-256 algorithm, compliant with Microsoft’s SHA-1 deprecation plan
- Hardware token and PIN to protect your keys
- Two-factor authentication
- Company address and organization type displayed in the certificate
- Compatible with major platforms (Authenticode, Office VBA, Java, Adobe AIR, Mac OS, Mozilla)
- Support for Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
- Free 24/7 technical support
Let’s Compare Cheap EV Code Signing Certificates from Comodo & Sectigo
|Main Features||Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate||DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate||Sectigo EV Code Signing Certificate|
|EV Code Signing||EV Code Signing||EV Code Signing|
|Extended Validation||Extended Validation||Extended Validation|
|Your Company Name||Your Company Name||Your Company Name|
|256-Bit SHA-2||256-Bit SHA-2||256-Bit SHA-2|
|1-5 Days||1-5 Days||0-3 Days|