How EV SSL Different from other SSLs?
The Standards of EV SSL or Extended Validation SSL certificate
As you would know, an SSL certificate helps the users protect their websites/servers against cyber-attacks. Here, let’s see different types of certificates and how they differ from an EV SSL certificate.
The Standard SSL certificates
The Standard SSL certificate is an ideal solution for small and medium-sized businesses. They can be validated and issued rapidly. Normally, the Standard SSL certificate can be domain validated or organization validated.
A Domain Validation (DV) SSL Certificate: A Domain Validation (DV) SSL certificate provides a lower level of validation certificate. A DV SSL can be issued within minutes as the certificate authority (CA) only verifies the domain ownership. It shows HTTPS with a padlock which assures users and customers that the website takes their privacy seriously.
DV SSL certificate includes features like 256-bit Encryption, free site seal, quick issuance time, refund policy, etc.
An Organization Validation or OV SSL certificate: An Organization Validation (OV) SSL certificate is more trusted than normal DV certificate. Thus, it requires bit higher level of validation compared to the DV certificate. It delivers robust encryption up to 256-bit which boosts user’s trust and confidence in the website.
To issue an EV SSL certificate, the issuer need to submit important business documents as per the certificate authority’s requirement.
How to Identify a Standard SSL?
- Displays “HTTPS” instead of HTTP
Key Features of Standard SSL Certificates
- Validation Type: A Domain Validation or an Organization Validation
- URL Displays: HTTPS with the Business Name instead of HTTPk
- Issuance Time: Within a minutes
- Encryption Level: up to 256-bit
- Site Seal: Static or Dynamic
- Browser Compatibility: over 99%
- Refund Policy: 30 Days
An Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate
An Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate is a high-level SSL certificate suitable for E-commerce websites, Healthcare Industries, Government Sectors, Education & Financial Institutions.
EV SSL Certificate is the most recommended SSL type as it enables verified company name in the URL which indicates the legitimacy of the business and ensures the users that the information being shared by them is not accessible by others. It delivers robust encryption up to 256-bit which boosts user’s trust and confidence in the website. To issue an EV SSL certificate, the issuer
How to Identify an EV SSL?
- HTTPS in Web Address Bar
- Organization Name in the Address Bar
- Company name displayed in URL
- Certificate Authority (CA) name shown in certificate information
Key Features of EV SSL Certificate
- Fully extended business validation SSL certificate
- Can be issued within 1-5 business days
- 256-bit encryption strength
- Compatible with 99.9% web and mobile browsers
- Displays verified company name in the URL
- Increases the conversion rates as
- Protects your brand and customers from phishing attacks
- Unlimited number of server licenses
How EV SSL different from a Standard SSLs?
An EV SSL certificate offers the highest level of assurance to the users, which Standard SSL certificates cannot. An EV certificate is more trustworthy as it has stricter validation process to determine the legitimacy of the business. An EV SSL certificate displays business name in the URL, whereas a standard SSL only displays “HTTPS.”
An Extended Validation certificate gains more trust compared to standard certificates and as a result, it generates high website traffic which ultimately contributes to the growth of the organization.