How to Install SSL Certificate on Barracuda SSL VPN
Steps to install SSL on Barracuda SSL VPN
Complete processes mentioned below, before starting SSL Certificate installation.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server directory
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL issuance Documents as per CA’s requirement (Only For EV & OV Certificates)
Step 1: Extract SSL Certificate Files
Your SSL Certificate authority will provide you SSL certificate via email included in a zip file, download that zip file an extract its data on your Barracuda server.
Step 2: SSL Certificate Installation
- Open your Barracuda SSL VPN web interface.
- Navigate to Advanced > SSL or Advanced > Secure Administrator
- In the Upload Backup SSL Private Key, upload the private key.
- In Upload Signed Certificate, upload your SSL certificate file
- Select Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) as your Certificate Type
- Now click on Save Changes,
Your SSL Certificate is now uploaded on Barracuda SSL VPN.Alternet Process: You can install SSL on Barracuda by following the alternate method.
Step 2: SSL Certificate Installation (Alternate Method)
- Open your primary certificate file and Private key file using a text editor
- Copy the encrypted data of the Primary Certificate and paste it into a new file.
- Now copy the encrypted data of the
PrivateKey file and paste it into that new file under the encrypted data of the primary certificate, and save that filename as anything ‘.pfx’.
- Now open your Barracuda SSL VPN web interface and navigate to Advanced > SSL or Advanced > Secure Administration
- In upload Signed Certificate, browse the certificate file (*.pfx) which you’ve created earlier.
- Select Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) as the Certificate Type
- Click on Save Changes.