How to Install SSL Certificate on BEA WebLogic Server
Steps to Install SSL on BEA WebLogic Server
Before starting SSL certificate installation, please complete the processes mentioned below.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Certificate issuance documents as per CA’s requirement (Only for Extended & Organization Validation)
Step 1: Download SSL certificate Files
After the document verification, your certificate authority will provide you SSL certificate via email address, check your email and download SSL certificate files including Primary SSL, Root Certificate and Intermediate Certificate files.
Step 2: Create Certificate chain and .pem file
To create the certificate chain you need to combine all the data of the primary certificate, Intermediate & Root certificate into one single file.
- Now open your primary certificate file with a text editor, copy its encrypted data paste it into a new file.
- Same way, open the Intermediate certificate & Root certificate with a text editor, copy the encrypted data one by one and paste it on the new file by appending the encrypted data of the primary certificate.
- Now save this new file with name with .pem extension as “mycertificate.pem”.
Your mycertificate.pem file will look as
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Primary Certificate Data -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Intermediate Certificate Data -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Root Certificate Data -----END CERTIFICATE-----
Step 3: Import .pem file and Install
- Apply the following command to import the .pem file
keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore /path_to_keystore/mykeystore -file mycertificate.pem
- Open your BEA WebLogic Server
- Navigate to Security > Keystores > DefaultKeyStore
- Now here fill out all the location-paths for .pem file, root & intermediate certificate, and passwords for the private key.
- Restart your Web Logic Server.