How to Install SSL Certificate on Courier IMAP Server
Steps to Install SSL on Courier IMAP Mail Server
At the beginning of SSL Certificate installation, you need to verify following important processes
- Buy/Renew SSL Certificate from Trusted CA
- Generate CSR (Certificate Signing Request) with SHA-2
- Save CSR & Private key file
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance Process
- Submit SSL Certificate Issuance documents to CA (for EV & OV SSL Certificate).
Step 1: Extract SSL Certificate Files
After applying for SSL certificate issuance, CA will verify your documents and after approval they will send you email including a *.zip file which carries your SSL certificate, Intermediate & Root Certificate file. Download that file and extract it on your server or system hard-disk in a protected location.
Step 2: Create
The ‘mysslcertificate.pem’ file will be something like this
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Data of Primary Certificate -----END CERTIFICATE---- -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- Encrypted Data of Primary Certificate -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----
If Intermediate Certificate file required then open it and save it as ‘intermediate.txt’ file.
Step 3: Import & Install SSL certificate
- In your courier IMAP, browse for ‘imapd-ssl’ file and open it using a text editor and Add directives displayer below.
- Now restart you server.
SSL Certificate is now installed on Courier IMAP server.
Comodo PositiveSSL Multi-Domain
$17.54 – 2 SAN Included
Vendor Price: $41.73
Coupon Code: ASCSCPMD4