How to Install SSL Certificate on cPanel/WHM
Steps to Install SSL on cPanel/WHM with Apache
Before Installing SSL Certificate please ensure following processes have been completed
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Certificate issuance documents as per CA’s requirement (Only for Extended & Organization Validation)
Step 1: Extract SSL Certificate Files
After completion of validation process your certificate authority will provide your SSL Certificate via Email in a Zip file, download that zip file and extract certificate files in your cPanel directory.
Step 2: SSL Certificate installation on cPanel
- Open your cPanel/WHM Control Panel and log in with correct credentials
- Now click over SSL/TLS manager.
- Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- In Upload a New Certificate section you need to enter the data of your SSL Certificate
- Now open the primary SSL certificate using a text editor, copy all encrypted data starting from ‘—-Begin Certificate to End Certificate—‘ and paste it in to Upload a New Certificate
- You can also browse your SSL certificate by clicking on
- Press the Upload button
- Now click over Go Back button & then click over Return to SSL Manager.
- Click over Setup
a SSLcertificate to work with your site
Note: If your web host
- From the domain drop-down
menuyou need to select the domain name which you wish to secure.
- Open Intermediate certificate using a text editor and copy the encrypted data, now in the CA Bundle text-box paste the encrypted data of Intermediate Certificate.
- Click on the Install
Your SSL certificate is now installed on cPanel/WHM & it will now accept the secured connection.