How to Install SSL Certificate on IBM HTTP Server
Steps to install SSL on IBM HTTP Server
Following processes must be completed before installing SSL Certificate
- Buy or Renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2
- Save CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Issuance documents to Certificate authority (for EV & OV SSL Certificate).
Your SSL Certificate will be sent via email in a zip file, download the zip file and extract it on your IBM server.
Step 1: Root and Intermediate Certificate Installation
- UNIX users run IKEYMAN
- Windows users open Key management Utility using start menu, located under your IBM HTTP Server
- Now select the Key Database File and press Open
- Browse the key database file (.kbd)
- Enter the password which you’ve applied during .kbd file creation and then press OK
- In the Key Database field click on Signer Certificates and click Add.
- Browse the Root Certificate which is located in your IBM server and press OK.
Root certificate file is now installed.
- If your certificate authority have provided Intermediate certificate, then follow the above process again to install it.
Step 2: Primary Server Certificate Installation
- Select your key Database
- Open Key Database Content from IKEYMAN.
- In Key Database Content, select Personal Certificates form drop-down list and click on Receive… button.
- Now in Receive Certificate dialogue add following details
- Keep Data type as ‘Base64-encoded ASCII data’,
- In Certificate file name, browse the primary certificate file location and press OK
Primary SSL Certificate is now installed on IBM HTTP server.