Steps to install SSL on MAC OS X Lion Server
Before Installing SSL Certificate please ensure following processes have been completed
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Certificate issuance documents as per CA’s requirement (Only for Extended & Organization Validation)
Step 1: Copy SSL Certificate to Mac OS X Lion
By completing SSL issuance process, you will receive your SSL Certificate via email including a zip file. Download that zip file and extract it on your MAC Lion server.
Step 2: Install SSL on Mac OS X Lion Server
- Right click on your SSL Certificate file which you have recently added on your Mac Server.
- Now you will have to enter the administrator credentials to add SSL in to the Systems Keychain.
- Open the Server App; here you need to select the Mac server in which you wish to install the SSL certificate.
- For successful login, enter correct credentials in Server
- Select your server name located under Hardware, and then click on Setting tab.
- Click on the Edit from SSL Certificate
- Now select ‘your.domain.com – Self-signed‘ from drop down field and then in from Setting (Gear icon) drop down menu select Replace Certificate with Signed or Renewed Certificate and press OK.
- Now drag and drop your domain.crt file here, you can see your certificate information; next step is to click on Replace Certificate
- Form the ‘Certificate:’ drop down menu select your certificate and click on OK
- Now in your Server tab, your will able to see your domain name next to SSL Certificate
Your SSL Certificate is now installed on Mac OS X Lion Server.