How to Install SSL Certificate on Plesk
Steps to Install SSL on Plesk Server
Before starting SSL certificate installation, please verify the below checklist.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server directory
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL issuance Documents as per CA’s requirement (Only For EV & OV Certificates)
Step 1: Store SSL Certificate Files
After the SSL certificate issuance process, you will get your SSL files via email included in a *.zip file. Download this zip file and extract the certificate files on your server directory.
Step 2: Rename Certificate File
Open the Server certificate file using a text editor (E.G Notepad), copy whole encrypted data starting from —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– to —–END CERTIFICATE—– and paste it into a new file. Now save this new file with Cert.crt name.
Note: Avoid using Microsoft Word to open the server certificate file, if may add some special characters which makes SSL Certificate invalid.
Step 3: SSL
- Open & Login
- Move to the Websites & Domains tab section.
- Hit the SSL certificates
- Hit the manage link for the domain which you wish to secure with an SSL certificate,
- Click on Add SSL certificate
- Browse your Private Key, SSL Certificate, and CA Certificate one by one respectively.
- Click over send
- Move to the Websites & Domains tab section and click over Web Hosting Settings
- In the
certificate,the menu selects SSL Certificate then select the SSL Support checkbox & press OK.
Finally, your SSL/TLS Certificate is installed on your Plesk web server.