How to Install SSL Certificate on Webmin
Steps to Install SSL Certificate on Webmin
The following process should be completed before the SSL installation process
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server directory
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL issuance Documents as per CA’s requirement (Only For EV & OV Certificates)
SSL Certificate will be issued by CA & sent via email. Check your email, download certificate files (Primary, Root & Intermediate), and save them on your server directory.
Step 1: Install SSL Certificate
- In /etc/Webmin location of your Webmin server, you will find
- Now run below code to create a new-
mineswev. pemfile which will replace the old mineserv. pemfile.
cat private.keyyourdomain.crt > new-miniserv.pem
Or else follow the alternate method.
- Open your certificate file and private key file (
keywhich you got during CSR creation) with notepad. Create a new file and then copy the encrypted data of private key and paste it on the new file, Copy the encrypted data of primary certificate and paste it in tothe new file append by private key data. Save the file name as new-miniserv.pem.
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- PRIVATE KEY ENCRYPTED DATA -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- CERTIFICATE ENCRYPTED DATA -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- Open your old
pemfile with notepad and enter followingcode to add the intermediate SSL Certificate.
- Restart your Webmin server.
Your SSL Certificate is now installed on your Webmin Server.