Quick Steps to install SSL on Zimbra Server
Before Installing SSL Certificate please complete following important processes.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Certificate issuance documents as per CA’s requirement (Only for Extended & Organization Validation)
Step 1: Extract SSL Certificate Files
Once your certificate authority approves your SSL issuance documents, they will send your SSL Certificate via email, download SSL Certificate files and store it on your Zimbra server directory or else save it on your hard disk.
Step 2: SSL Certificate Installation on Zimbra
Primary SSL certificate installation
- Open your server certificate file using any text editor, copy its data and paste it in the new text file.
- Rename this text file as crt and save it on /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/ Zimbra server directory.
Intermediate & Root Certificate installation
- Now open your intermediate file and root certificate file using text editor.
- Create a new file
- First copy the encrypted data of Intermediate certificate and paste it into the new file
- Now copy the encrypted data of Root certificate file & paste it in to new file under the encrypted data of intermediate certificate. Now give this new file name as crt & store it in to /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/ directory.
- The crt file will be look something like this
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Data of Intermediate Certificate -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Data of Root Certificate -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- Enter following single line of code to validate the SSL Certificate chain
/opt/zimbra/openssl/bin/openssl verify -CAfile commercial_ca.crt commercial.crt
- To enable the SSL ceritificate run the following line of code.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm commercial.crt commercial_ca.crt
Your SSL Certificate is now installed on Zimbra Server.