How to Install RapidSSL Wildcard certificate
Steps to Install RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate on RedHat Linux Web Server
Before Installing RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate please ensure following processes have been completed
- Buy/renew RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
Note: if this SSL Installation process not work for your RedHat server, then please contact them directly to find the actual issue.
Step 1: Download & Extract Certificates
Once you complete the checkout & Certificate issuance process RapidSSL will send you email via email including a *.zip file. Extract this *.zip file on your server directory.
Step 2: Download & Installation of Intermediate CA certificate
- Download RapidSSL Intermediate certificate via here. (Make sure to download the intermediate certificate for
- Open the intermediate certificate file using any text editor; copy all the encrypted data into a new file and save the new file with any name lets say (internediate_cert.crt).
Note: you can give any name to intermediate certificate file, but the extension of this file must be .crt.
- Copy this file in to /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediatecert.crt
- Open your CNF file using any text editor via etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf location.
- Now using virtual host tag add following directive
- Your intermediate certificate is now installed.
Step 3: Install SSL Certificate File
- Open you certificate file with text editor and copy its encrypted data starting from —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– to —–END CERTIFICATE—– and paste it into
- Now save that file with new name as server-cert.crt
- Save your certificate file at following location /etc/
- Following the same way add your server.key file at /etc/
Now in your httpd.cnf file, using virtual host tag add following directives.
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt (Don’t add, if it is already added.)
- Save your httpd.cnf file
- Restart your Red Hat Apache web server.