How to Install SSL Certificate on Cisco ASA 5510?
SSL Certificate Installation Instructions for Cisco ASA 5510
Please make sure you have completed below checklist before starting the installation process.
- Buy or Renew SSL Certificate.
- Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Save the CSR & Private Key file in a secure place on the system as well on the server directory.
- Submit the necessary documents as per your CA’s requirements.
Step 1: Download Certificate Files
After verification of your documents, the Certificate Authority will provide you SSL certificate bundle via email. This email contains a zip file which includes Primary, Intermediate, and Root certificate. Download and extract it on your Server.
Step 2: Install the Intermediate CA Certificate
- In ASDM, go to Configuration >> Device Management.
- Click on Certificate Management >> CA Certificate option.
- Click on the Add
- Click on the Browse button and enter the location along with the path of the intermediate CA certificate file which you downloaded in the 1st
- Choose “Paste certificate in PEM Format”. (If you have any other format of certificate file, convert it into .pem file using our SSL Converter Tool)
- Paste the intermediate certificate in the text field.
Note: You should copy and paste the intermediate CA certificate file (yourintermediate_ca.txt) in the text field. Make sure to paste everything including —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– ,—–END CERTIFICATE—–, header, and footer.
- Click Install Certificate
A dialog/popup box will appear. It confirms that the installation was successful.
Step 3: Install an SSL Certificate
- Click on Configuration >> Device Management.
- Click on Certificate Management > Identity Certificates.
- Choose the .pem formatted file which you created at the time of CSR generation.
Note: The Expiry Date should display Pending.
- Click on Install.
- Enter the location and path of your SSL certificate file.
- Choose Paste the certificate data in base-64 format
- Paste the certificate in the text field.
Note: You can copy and paste the intermediate CA certificate (yourSSLcert.txt) into the text field. Make sure to paste —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—–, header, and footer.
- Click on Install Certificate
Step 4: Configure & Activate your SSL Certificate
- Go to Configuration > Device Management.
- Expand the Advanced option and then expand SSL Settings.
- Under Certificates, choose the interface that is used to terminate WebVPN sessions.
- Now, click on Edit.
- In the Certificate drop-down list, select the certificate that you installed earlier.
- Click on the OK
For more information, refer to Cisco ASA documentation.