How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Steps to Install SSL on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Before your stat SSL Certificate installation, Please complete following processes.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL issuance Documents required by your certificate authority (For OV & EV SSL)
Step 1: Save the Certificate Files
After receiving SSL certificate files from your CA (Certificate Authority), download all files and save them on your Exchange Server.
Step 2: Install Intermediate Certificate in MMC (Microsoft Management Console)
- In Start Menu, type MMC and press Enter.
- MMC Console 1 will appear, Here from menu bar click on File > Add/Remove Snap-ins or else you can use shortcut key as Ctrl + M.
- From Add/Remove Snap-ins window, select Certificates, click on Add
- Now select a specific user account (E.G Computer Account) & press Next
- Select Local computer & press Finish
- Click the OK
- From the Console Root folder, expand the Certificates.
- Right click on Intermediate Certificate Authorities, Move mouse on All Tasks & click on Import…
- Click on Next button
- Click on Browse button, find the Intermediate Certificate file location, and click on Next
- Select ‘Place all certificates in the following store’, then hit the Browse button, from the list of Certificate Store select Intermediate Certificate Authorities & click OK.
- Click on Next
- Completing the Certificate Import Wizard will appear, ensure your Certificate details and click Next
- The import was Successful message will popup.
- Press OK & Exit from MMC.
Your Intermediate SSL Certificate is now installed.
Step 3: Install SSL Certificate
- In your Start menu, click on All Programs > Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 > Exchange Management Console.
- Click on Microsoft Exchange On-Premises > Manage Databases in the Exchange Management Console
- Click on Server Configuration
- In the Exchange Certificates, select your primary certificate
- Click on Complete Pending Request from the Action
- Here, click on Browse & find your SSL Certificate file & press Open.
- Now click on Completed & then press Finish
- From the Exchange Management Console, in Exchange Certificates select the Certificate
- Click on Assign Services to Certificate from the Action
- From Assign Services to Certificate, select the server for which you wish to assign the service & press Next
- Now select services which you wish to assign the certificate & click on Next.
- Click on Assign > Finish.
Your SSL Certificate is now installed on Exchange Server 2010
Resources and Other Installation Guides
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 5 & 6
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 7
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 8 & 8.5