Installing Self-Signed Certificate in Internet Explorer (IE)
Steps to Install SSL on Internet Explorer
Step – 1. Open a web browser and navigate to one of the AX Exception web applications:
- The AX Exception address is https://<server_name>:8443/exceptionmgmt
- The AX Exception Administration address is https://<server_name>:8443/ax-em_admin
(You must specify the <server_name> as the hostname of the server.)
Step – 2. Click Continue to this website (not recommended).
Step – 3. Click the Certificate Error button next to the browser address bar
Step – 4. Click the View certificates link
Step – 5. In the Certificate dialog box, click Install Certificate
Step – 6. Complete the following steps in the Certificate Import Wizard
- In the Welcome page, click Next.
- Select “Place all certificates in the following store” and click Browse.
- In Select Certificate Store, select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to import the certificate.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Yes to install the certificate.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to complete the wizard.
Step – 7. Click OK to close the Certificate dialog box.
Step – 8. Restart Internet Explorer and navigate to
If the certificate is configured correctly, the web application will load without displaying the certificate error page.
⏬ ⏬ Get rid of “⚠️ Not Secure” warning with these trusted SSL Certificates ⏬ ⏬