How to Install an SSL Certificate in FortiGate?
Step-by-step Guide to Install An SSL Certificate in FortiGate
Step 1: Purchase an SSL certificate
Step 2: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
To generate a CSR on FortiGate, you will have to login to your FortiGate management console and generate your CSR.
Step 3: Install SSL Certificate on FortiGate
First, prepare your primary and intermediate certificates. Copy the contents of the primary and intermediate certificates including the BEGIN and END tags into Notepad files and save them with .crt extension. Here are the steps involved in the FortiGate SSL installation process.
Import Signed Certificate to Your FortiGate
- Log into the FortiGate dashboard
- From the Import dropdown, select Local Certificate
- Browse to the path of your primary certificate
- Click OK
Import Your Intermediate CA
- Navigate to System > Certificates
- Select CA certificate from the Import menu
- Now, browse the path where you have saved your intermediate certificate
- Click OK