Steps to Install SSL on 4D Webstar 4.x Server
Please check for following process once, before your start SSL certificate installation process.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Certificate issuance documents as per CA’s requirement (Only for Extended & Organization Validation)
Once you receive SSL Certificate, Root & Intermediate Certificate from your certificate authority, download it and store it on your server.
Step 1: Create .pem file/Combine all Certificate in one File
To install SSL on 4D Webstar, you need to create a certificate chain as Primary SSL, Root Certificate & Intermediate Certificate.
- Open your Primary, Root & Intermediate Certificate using a text editor one by one.
- Now create a new text file.
- Copy the encrypted data of primary certificate and paste it on the new file.
- Now, copy the encrypted data of Root Certificate and paste in on the new file under data of primary certificate
- Then, copy the encrypted data of Intermediate certificate and paste in on the new file under data of root certificate.
- Save the file with a unique name as “mycertificate.pem”.
mycertificate.pem file will look like
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Data of Primary Certificate -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Data of Root Certificate -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- Encrypted Data of Intermediate Certificate -----END CERTIFICATE-----
Step 2: SSL Certificate installation
- Open your 4D Webstar Admin and navigate to Setting Window & then select on SSL Security.
- Here, the top area displays the list of IP addresses and the lower area displays your SSL certificate, private key & security options.
- In Webstar you can allow only one SSL certificate per IP address.
- Now, from the IP address list select a particular IP which should match with the host name of the current SSL certificate.
- Select SSL 2 & SSL 3 from the Security popup menu.
- Click over the Certificate Choose button and browse for mycertificate.pem file which you have created earlier.
- Now click over Private Key File Choose button & browse the private key file which you received during CSR generation process.
- Add the password for the private key.
- Click on the Save button.
- Now check the Status window, a message will appear as “SSL certificate was accepted: “SSL context for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 created.”
Your SSL certificate in now installed on 4D Webstar Server.