Steps to install SSL on Barracuda SSL VPN
Complete processes mentioned below, before starting SSL Certificate installation.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server directory
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL issuance Documents as per CA’s requirement (Only For EV & OV Certificates)
Step 1: Extract SSL Certificate Files
You SSL Certificate authority will provide you SSL certificate via email including a zip file, download that zip file an extract its data on your Barracuda server.
Step 2: SSL Certificate Installation
- Open your Barracuda SSL VPN web interface.
- Navigate to Advanced > SSL or Advanced > Secure Administrator
- In the Upload Backup SSL Private Key, upload the private key.
- In Upload Signed Certificate, upload your SSL certificate file
- Select Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) as your Certificate Type
- Now click on Save Changes,
Your SSL Certificate is now uploaded on Barracuda SSL VPN.
Alternet Process: You can install SSL on Barracuda by following alternate method.
Step 2: SSL Certificate Installation (Alternate Method)
- Open your primary certificate file and Private key file using a text editor
- Copy the encrypted data of Primary Certificate and paste it into a new file.
- Now copy the encrypted data of Private Key file and paste it into that new file under the encrypted data of primary certificate; And save that file name as anything.pfx.
- Now open your Barracuda SSL VPN web interface and navigate to Advanced > SSL or Advanced > Secure Administration
- In upload Signed Certificate, browse the certificate file (*.pfx) which you’ve created earlier.
- Select Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) as the Certificate Type
- Click on Save Changes.