Steps to Install SSL on F5 Big IP
Please check following processes has been completed before installing SSL certificate.
- Buy or Renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2
- Save CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL Issuance documents to Certificate authority (for EV & OV SSL Certificate).
Step 1: Store Certificate Files
Once your certificate authority issue your SSL certificate, your will receive an email including at *.zip file, it contains your primary, root and intermediate certificate files.
Step 2: SSL Certificate Installation
- Open F5 Big IP load-balancer
- Under the Local Traffic menu, select SSL certificates
- In General Properties, select the SSL Certificate name which you have assigned during CSR
- Browse your SSL Certificate file stored on your server and click on Open.
- Now click on Import
SSL Certificate file in now installed.
Step 3: Intermediate Certificate Installation
- Click on SSL Certificates under Local Traffic menu, and then click on Import
- Select Certificate under Import Type drop-down list and select Create New.
- Enter your intermediate Certificate name & then browse for the Intermediate certificate file
- Now click on Open button and then press Import
Intermediate Certificate file in now installed.
Step 4: SSL Server Configuration
- Create an SSL profile or open the profile which you’ve been using with the SSL certificate
- Navigate to Configuration utility > Local Traffic > Profiles > Client
- Select the client which you need to configure and from Configuration menu select Advanced.
- Now browse for the SSL Certificate which you have recently imported, then click on Save button.
- Click on Exit.
Server is now configured to use a secured connection.