How to Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Steps to install SSL on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Make sure the following processes were completed before you start SSL certificate installation.
- Buy/renew SSL Certificate
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm
- Save the CSR & Private key file on your server
- Apply for SSL Certificate Issuance
- Submit SSL issuance Documents required by your certificate authority (For OV & EV SSL)
Step 1: Save the Certificate Files
Your SSL Certificate files will be sent by email via your CA (Certificate Authority), download Certificate files and save it on your server directory.
Note: First you need to install Intermediate SSL certificate and then you have to install SSL certificate.
Step 2: Add Snap-ins in MMC
- Click on Start Menu, Search for MMC & press Enter.
- In Console Room dialog, click on File and then click Add/Remove Snap-ins
- In Add/Remove Snap-ins dialog, from available snap-ins select Certificates & click on Add >.
- If it asks to select a user account, then select Computer Account or a specific user account.
- Click on Next
- Select Local computer & press Finish
- Now press OK & move to Console
Step 3: Install Intermediate Certificate
- Expand the Certificates from Console.
- From the list of folders, right click on Intermediate Certificate Authorities,
- Hover mouve over All Tasks, then click on Import…
- Press Next
- Browse for the Intermediate Certificate file
- Press Next
- Select ‘Place all certificates in the following store’, click on Browse, select Intermediate Certificate Authorities and press OK.
- Press Next button
- Completing wizard will be displayed, review your Certificate information and press Finish.
- You will be prompted as “The import was Successful”.
- Save your Console and exit from MMC.
Intermediate Certificate is now installed.
Step 4: Install SSL Certificate
- Open your Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 GUI.
- Click on Exchange Management Shell
- Now to import SSL certificate, enter following code
Import-ExchangeCertificate -Path C:\your_certificate.crt
Note: your_certificate.crt is your SSL certificate file, you have to enter the actual location of your certificate file as Path.
- To enable the SSL certificate, enter following code
Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint paste_thumbprint_here -Services "SMTP, IMAP, IIS"
- Now close the Exchange Management Shell.
Your SSL Certificate is now installed on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
Resources and Other Installation Guides
Comodo PositiveSSL Multi-Domain
$17.54 – 2 SAN Included
Vendor Price: $41.73
Coupon Code: ASCSCPMD4