Domain Validated SSL Certificate (DV SSL) is encryption only certificate comes up with 256-bit encryption length and compatibility of 99.9% web and mobile browsers. website owner who only wish to validate their domain are using Domain validated SSL certificate. DV SSL certificate can secure both www and non-www domains.
Process of Domain Validation SSL Certificate
To complete the domain validation, process the certificate authority either go with email verification or file based verification or else it may check the domain registrar’s information. This validation gets only few minutes to complete.
- Email Verification – The certificate authority will send you and email address with a confirmation link, you have to open that email and click on that link which lets CA that your identity is now verified. Make sure the email address you have provided must start with admin, administrator, postmaster, hostmaster, webmaster.
- File based Verification – In this verification process, the certificate authority will provide an HTML file (aka Authentication file or Auth file) included with Hash data. Now upload that file on your server’s root directory. Once CA finds that correct file on your certificate the certificate will be issued.
- Domain Registrar’s information – CA will directly verify domain via Domain Registrar’s information. Make sure to keep domain registrar’s information public, CA will reject issuance request for if they found domain registrar’s information as private.
Who can issue Domain Validated (DV) SSL?
Small or medium level website owners who only wish to encrypt their domain can issue DV SSL certificate. Compare with Organization validated SSL & Extended validated SSL certificate, the domain validated SSL Certificate’s price is very much lower.
Domain validation SSL certificate comes up with extra features as wildcard and multi domains. A few certificate authorities are providing this feature on Domain Validated SSL certificate. Here a wildcard SSL Certificate will let user to secure to add and secure unlimited number of sub-domains whereas a Multi domain (SAN) SSL certificate will let user to secure up to 100 multiple fully qualified domain names.
Why I should buy Domain Validation SSL (DV SSL) Certificate?
- Lower Price – Comparing with organization & extended validation SSL certificate, the price of DV SSL Certificate is pretty much lower.
- Issued within minutes – Certificate Authority Issues Domain Validated SSL Certificate within minutes after quick domain verification process.
- No paper work for validation – Certificate do not ask for any documents during domain name verification process.
- Google Ranking Benefits – Google Recently announce to give ranking on website which are encrypted with SSL Certificate. So a DV SSL will help user to boost up website ranking in google and increases online reputations as well.
- Increases user’s trust – HTTPS and website seal are trust indicators which lets user to understand the website is secured with a trusted SSL Certificate and their information is safe.
Where to Buy Doman Validated DV SSL Certificate?
Comodo, RapidSSL, Thawte, GeoTrust, Entrust, etc. are largest worldwide certificate authorities which offers Domain validated SSL certificate. A user who wish to secure his website can contact either directly to CA’s website or else there are many SSL resellers available who are providing DV SSL certificate are very much lower price compared with CA’s price.
Examples of DV SSL domains
Domain Validated SSL Key Features:
- 2048-bit SSL Certificate signature
- Up to 256-bit strongest SSL encryption length
- Fully domain validated SSL Certificate
- Can secure both www and non-www domains
- Universally works with mobile phones and devices
- Free Certificate Authority site seal
- Quick issuance within minutes
- No paper work or documentation required for validation
- 99.9% mobile and web browser compatibility
- Free phishing detection alert service (Available for few Certificate Authority)
- Unlimited Server Licensing
- Reissue as many times as needed during the validity period
- Comes up with Wildcard and Multi Domain features
Compare Domain Validated SSL Certificate from Top SSL Brands
|Certificate Authority (CA)||SSL.COM||GEOTRUST®||GODADDY||THAWTE™||COMODO™|
|SSL Certificate||Basic SSL||QuickSSL Premium||Standard SSL||SSL123||Essential SSL|
|Price – As Low AS||$41.65/Year||$65/Year||$49.99/Year||$45/Year||$23.33/Year|
|Pricing For 1 Year||$49||$79||$69.99||$54||$28|
|Pricing for 2 Years||$44.10/Year||$68.50/Year||$55.99/Year||$47/Year||$24.50/Year|
|Domains Secured||Single Domain Name (FQDN)||Single Domain Name (FQDN)||Single Domain Name (FQDN)||Single Domain Name (FQDN)||Single Domain Name (FQDN)|
|Issuance Speed||Within a few minutes||Issued within 15 minutes||Within a few minutes||Within a few minutes||Within a few minutes|
|Validation Required||Domain Validation||Domain Validation||Domain Validation||Domain Validation||Domain Validation|
|Notification Level in Web Browsers||Domain Name Shown On Certificate Only||Domain Name Shown On Certificate Only||Domain Name Shown On Certificate Only||Domain Name Shown On Certificate Only||Domain Name Shown On Certificate Only|
|Encryption Strength||Up to 256 Bit||Up to 256 Bit||Up to 256 Bit||Up to 256 Bit||Up to 256 Bit|
|Browsers Compatibility||99% Web and Mobile Browser||99% Web and Mobile Browser||99% Web and Mobile Browser||99% Web and Mobile Browser||99% Web and Mobile Browser|
|Include Site Seal||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Number of Free Reissues Allowed||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Number of Server License||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Green Address Bar||No||No||No||No||No|
|Refund Policy||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days|
|Certificate Authority Review||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|