What is Domain Validated SSL Certificate? – DV SSL Certificate
Process of Domain Validated SSL Certificates (DV SSL)
- Email Verification – The certificate authority will send you an email on your email address with a confirmation link. You should open that email and click on that link by which the CA verifies your domain ownership.Make sure that the email address you have provided starts with admin, administrator, postmaster, hostmaster, webmaster. For example,
- File based Verification – In this verification process, the certificate authority will provide an HTML file (also known as Authentication file or Auth file) along with Hash data. Now upload that file on your server’s root directory. Once CA finds that correct file on your server, the certificate will be issued.
- Domain Registrar’s information – CA will directly verify the domain ownership via Domain Registrar’s information. Make sure that you have kept domain registrar’s information public. CA will reject the issuance request if they find domain registrar’s information to be private.
Who should buy Domain Validated (DV) SSL?
Domain validation SSL certificates come up with alternative options such as ‘Wildcard SSL certificate’ and ‘Multi-domain certificate’. The wildcard SSL Certificate lets user secure the unlimited number of sub-domains whereas a Multi-domain (SAN) SSL certificate will allow the user to secure up to 100 multiple fully qualified domain names.
Why should you buy Domain Validation (DV) Certificate?
- Lower Price – The prices of the domain validated (DV) certificates are on the lower side compared to the organization validated (OV) & extended validated (EV) certificates.
- Issued within minutes – Certificate Authority Issues domain validated (DV) SSL certificates within minutes once the domain verification process is done.
- No paperwork for validation – Certificate Authority does not ask for any documents during domain name verification process.
- Google Ranking Benefits – Google recently announced to give ranking benefits to the SSL enabled websites. So, a DV SSL will help you increase your website traffic which can definitely give a boost to your business.
- Increases user’s trust – HTTPS and website seal are trust indicators which let the users know that the website is secured and their information is safe.
How DV SSL Certificate Looks in Different Web Browsers?
Where to Buy Domain Validated DV SSL Certificate?
Domain Validated SSL Key Features:
- 2048-bit SSL Certificate signature
- Robust encryption strength up to 256-bit
- Can secure both www and non-www domains
- Compatible with 99.9% of the web and mobile browsers
- Free certificate authority (CA) site seal
- Issuance within minutes
- No paperwork or documentation required for validation
- Free phishing detection alert service (Only offered by few certificate authorities)
- Can be reissued as many times as needed during the validity period
- Alternative options such as Wildcard and Multi-Domain features
Compare Domain Validated Certificate from Top SSL Brands
|Main Features||Comodo Positive SSL||RapidSSL||Comodo Essential SSL||Thawte SSL123|
|Personal Websites/Blogs||Personal Websites/Blogs||Personal Websites/Blogs||Personal Websites/Blogs|
|Within Minutes||Within Minutes||Within Minutes||Within Minutes|
|up to 256-bit||up to 256-bit||up to 256-bit||up to 256-bit|
|2048 bits||2048 bits||2048 bits||2048 bits|
|Domain name displayed on certificate details||Domain name displayed on certificate details||Domain name displayed on certificate details||Domain name displayed on certificate details|
|30 days||30 days||30 days||30 days|